Vacancy: SEA Tutor
Subjects: SEA Programme (Math, English, Creative Writing)
We are searching for dedicated and experienced SEA tutors to join our team. As a SEA tutor, you will be required to deliver live online syllabus-aligned classes to students preparing to write the SEA Examination. Tutors will provide 1-on-1 support to students as needed. Mentor students with the goal of fostering skills for examination success.
You will also be responsible for assigning homework, grading assignments and quizzes, documenting students’ progress and partaking in other online activities.
To be successful as a SEA tutor, you should possess a thorough understanding of the SEA 2021 – 2023 Revised Assessment Framework and effective teaching practices. Our ideal candidates will be able to create a stimulating, fun, learning environment that is sensitive to students’ psychosocial needs.
Primary School Tutor Responsibilities:
● Planning and presenting lessons to facilitate students’ understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
● Preparing and distributing learning material such as notes, assignments, and quizzes.
● Sourcing the resources and supplies needed for lessons.
● Ensuring that the online classroom remains safe and conducive to learning.
● Grading assignments and quizzes in a timely manner.
● Invigilating quizzes and final examinations.
● Documenting and reporting on students’ progress.
● Attending meetings with parents and staff.
● Participates in the company’s online marketing programme
● Bachelor’s degree in education or Proven experience as a Primary School Teacher/Tutor.
● A thorough understanding of SEA 2021 – 2023 Revised Assessment Framework and best practices in teaching.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Organized, flexible disposition.
● Computer Literate
● Basic troubleshooting skills
● Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Technical Software & Hardware Proficiency:
● Google Search for research and general web searches
● Google Drive (Google Docs)
● Google Calendar
● Facebook.com &/or Linkedln Pages
● Microsoft Powerpoint
● Microsoft Word
● Microsoft Excel
● Ability to type above 30 wpm
● Basic Internet Literacy: web browsing, file download/upload via website interface, email, etc.
● Basic Computer Literacy: Hardware, Software
● Hardware access requirement: Own a modern PC or MAC computer with the latest versions of Firefox, Adobe Flash, Microphone, Headphones/earplugs
● Internet Connectivity: Have a reliable broadband home internet connection
● Have a quiet room without interruptions for the execution of Live online Tutorials
● Have a high-resolution webcam and high-quality microphone headset (not provided by Rent My Tutor)
Genuine care for others ● Empathy ● Diligence ● Punctuality ●
Confidence ● Enthusiasm ● Ability to strive for high standards ● Ability to be flexible and show initiative ● Ability to work professionally ● Ability to work to assigned deadlines ● Ability to Mentor young persons
WORK HOURS – Enjoy flexible hours. This is a part-time online-only position. Work online from home!